Heyy! I'm Lauren

I’m an ACE Certified Personal Trainer, fitness instructor, and creator of Lauren Daly Fitness (LDF). Here you’ll find workouts, recipes, and SO much more to support your healthy, fit lifestyle!

Dairy Free Spinach, Garlic, and Artichoke Almond Flour Pizza

Dairy Free Spinach, Garlic, and Artichoke Almond Flour Pizza

In the last few months, I've cut way back on dairy. It's not that I don't love dairy; it's that I love it a little too much, you know? After reading about some potential benefits of removing dairy from your diet, I decided to cut it out just to see if I could. It's been a challenge, but it hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. If I'm being honest with myself, realistically, I could probably do this at least 71% of the time. The other 29% of the time, I'll be eating pizza. Pizza has easily been the hardest food for me to give up. A lot of people say they "loveee" pizza. No. My soul is made of pizza. No ice cream? Fine. No queso? Let's do it. No pizza? ... We'll see. That said, I'm committed to staying 90-ish% dairy-free until I really do the research, and take the time to learn how to find high-quality dairy products. So, until then, we improvise! I had a box of Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Dough Mix at home, so over the weekend I decided to make a cheese-less (*sheds tear*) spinach, garlic, and artichoke almond flour pizza. I discovered Simple Mills on Thrive, and I'm a big fan of their products. This pizza dough was really easy to prepare, and once the dough was ready, I just added my toppings, and baked it for about 15 minutes. To me, the texture was more like a flatbread than a pizza, but as long as you're not expecting Ledos, it's still delicious.

5.png
3.png
4.png
Almond-Flour-Pizza-1.png

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 box almond flour pizza dough mix (I used Simple Mills' brand)

  • 1 jar pizza sauce

  • 2 cups spinach, chopped

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

  • 3 artichoke hearts, chopped

  • 1-2 tsp oregano (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Prepare pizza crust(s) according to the directions on the box.

  2. Spread pizza sauce one spoonful (1-2 T) at a time onto the pizza crust(s), until you've reached your desired sauciness.

  3. Top with chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic (make sure to spread evenly).

  4. Sprinkle with oregano, and finish preparing according to directions on the box.

  5. Allow pizza to cool, then slice, and enjoy!

5 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make This Week

5 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make This Week

Easiest Chicken Fajita Recipe EVER

Easiest Chicken Fajita Recipe EVER